I know there’s people not liking the Admin Bar WordPress 3.1 – now rebranded as Toolbar in WordPress 3.3 – introduced, but I do. I think it’s a great tool to use and I have been using my own plugin adding a bunch of links to it. I decided I wanted to turn it into a proper plugin and the first derivative is the Genesis Toolbar+. This small plugin adds a couple of handy resources when using the Genesis Framework.
What does this plugin do?
This plugin adds an extra menu full of links about the StudioPress Genesis Framework to your Toolbar. The menus are translatable and the output of the menu is now filterable.
Now you can quickly navigate to any and all resource links on the StudioPress site from the comfort of your Genesis powered website.
Installation of this plugin works like any other plugin out there. Either:
1. Upload the zip file to the
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Or search for the plugin via your plugins menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make a suggestion
You most certainly can. Just drop me a comment below.
- Added a couple of resources because of the changes on the StudioPress.com site.
- Also adjusted some styling stuff for WordPress 3.3 and lastly
- changed the name to Genesis Toolbar to reflect the new wording used in WordPress 3.3.
- Completely refactored this plugin thanks to the input of Gary Jones.
- The plugin now allows now for child themes and plugins to add their own menu items to the one already provided for in this plugin.
- The internal Genesis pages are added to the menu now as well.
- First release. Upgrade from nothingness.
P.s. You might also like my WooThemes Toolbar.