Hi there. My name is Remkus de Vries and you just found yourself on my blog. You’ll find that I talk about WordPress, web performance, strongman lifting and music a lot here on this blog. Learn more about me here.
To see the latest stuff I’ve shared, check out my updates stream or my latest blog posts below.
- Stop Chrome from hiding full URLChrome 86 adds yet another obfuscation. Slugs are no longer visible and only visible upon hover. Chrome has been trying for ages now to hide the full URL in its address bar – Ominbox in… Continue reading »
- How To: Restart Your Camera in Mac OS XWorking from home, for most, includes a fair amount of video conferencing. But, what if the camera on your Mac produces No Connected Camera errors and effectively won’t work or has suddenly stopped working with… Continue reading »
- Letting go…This is just a reminder to let go. To let go of things you’re not going to pursue. Of things that are never going to get the full attention that they deserve. Of things that… Continue reading »
- About mental and physical healthMy working days consist of my sitting behind my computer all day. I’m not sure what the percentages are of people having similar work scenarios, but I’m guessing they’re pretty high. This sedentary work life… Continue reading »
- WordCamp Soltau RecapLast weekend Taco, Karin and I from team Yoast attended a new kind of WordCamp. A WordCamp Retreat. Located in the North of Germany we experienced a very relaxed WordCamp with some interesting differences from… Continue reading »
- On Theme Onboarding in WordPressOne of the actions that raise a lot of questions over for clients over at WP ServicePoint is the moment when a client decides to switch to a new design, a new theme. It’s one… Continue reading »
- “It’s almost like our unconsciousness is a kind of failure”You know I’m all about applying perspective as much as possible when living our daily lives. It’s also one of the topics we frequently discuss with our kids – 10, 16 and 18yo. One of… Continue reading »